Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Sharing Experiences: From PHP Developer to Oracle DBA

Hi Friends,
Today I would like to share my 1st Company real experiences as I promised with you all in my previous post.

I am sharing these experiences because I have learnt many things and I want you people to learn from these experiences. At that time, no one was to tell or guide me. So, I don’t want you people to suffer.

When I came to Bangalore here nobody was to guide me. And there was only one thing in my mind that: I have to get job any how: Here any how means without giving money to anyone either to broker or any consultancy. Because we all know, our parents already have expenses money a lot on study and again we can’t ask money for job also.

In my earlier post: How to get job and what we should do: I have shared my experiences about getting a job.

Today also I remembered, 19th September 2012 at evening time, I was just sitting with my friends and chatting then I got a call that I am selected. After that call, I was very Happy, hope you can feel that moment and feeling.

This same thing happened with me, and then I decided to join company.

Now what happened in company:  In starting they told as there are many projects and they will allow me on project after 2-3 months. But later on I came to know there is nothing much work. For some times, I worked for php and sql/plsql but later on no work. They start to assign work like data entry and advertisements work. It was very irritating. Usually I used to be there from 9:00 am to 9, 10 or 11:00 pm just because for good impression, but it was foolish, please and please never do like this. It is very bad things in life.

Later on I met a new my PG mate, he did not know any languages like C, C++, java, .Net etc... He only knew Oracle technology. And he was working in MNC. He explained me about Oracle; he gave me many documents for oracle. 
And then I started to learn. He guided me and helped me out that time.

Now my mind opened and I decided to learn Oracle technology, which I was inspired by my ex- company MD already because he was an oracle architect. But he told me he don’t have time to teach me. So I decided to resign from company.

Later on I joined a consultancy for Oracle learning after quitting 1st job. I learned oracle database and application in 6 month. Then I worked next 6 month on project in very little salary. But I did that project because there was learning for me. It’s true that company earned lots from me :D.

After that I joined another company with a good salary and started my carrier as Oracle Apps DBA. After 1 year again I got new opportunity in Oracle Company, which was my dream.

One thing remembers, We all everyone require good adviser from experienced person. I’m telling this because when I was in college and joined a Training institutes, they told there is no carrier in DBAs in the market because almost companies have 1 or 2 DBAs. But it was not true.

Remember: If you don’t have any Dream other people will use you to complete their dream.

Thank you Every body for joining us, Please keep in touch and like us for real time and real life experiences. And also join with us to share your real time/life experiences which useful and learning for every one of us.

Some useful links:





Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. It's good to talk you.